Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Light of Hope

I have found in my own life that I have a bad problem. I bring myself down for my faults and for my fears and failures. I get the impression singed into my head that I'm of no worth and that no matter how hard I try I will never change. I tend to let doubt and disbelief creep its way into the corridors of my faith and then let them destroy what I have struggled to build. I then view the shattered remains of what was once a beautiful masterpiece of faith and hope. But all that remains is rubble of my own doing.


I have found a way, not just to cope with, but to annihilate the demons of doubt and disbelief. That way is through the Atoning blood of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I have found that when I realize that for me He died, that He suffered the pains of my sins, that He later carried my cross to the hill of Golgotha, that for me He broke the bands of death and hell and that for me He lives any doubt that I have been struggling with are replaced with joy and peace. If you are like me and experience these feelings of doubt, have hope. Hope that even though you cannot see Him, He knows you and that He will not leave you helpless and in despair if you are doing His will. Hope that He really loves you and that those promises of peace and eternal life will come as long as you are keeping His commandments. Remember what He Himself said, 
"I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8:12)

Let's follow Him. He is the One who bring us to safe harbors. He is the One who has marked the path and shown us the way. He lives. I have felt His love purge out doubt and disbelief. I know that if I have hope and do his will, in Him I will find true happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment